Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Foolishness Of Human Empowerment

Empowerment:to give power or authority to; authorize, esp. by legal or official means: I empowered my agent to make the deal for me. The local ordinance empowers the board of health to close unsanitary restaurants. 2. to enable or permit: Wealth empowered him to live a comfortable life. —Synonyms 1. warrant, commission, license, qualify. With that being said, there is no way that a human can truly empower another human simply because it is outside of our scope of ability. There is but one who can give power or authority and His name is Jesus. Humanly I may be able to speak encouraging words, words of life, words teeming with life, but then who empowers me to do such things? Certainly not myself. The power comes from one with much greater authority, much greater power than I could think to even possess. The gifting does not come from the vessel itself, but the gifting has to come from the one who is molding the vessel. Therefore, empowerment itself is a gift of God not of men. I implore those of you who glean some kind of encouragement, some kind of growth from what I write to you to seek Christ's empowerment. The human empowerment that I give is only meant to supplement what God has already given you. Perhaps I am meant to serve as a reminder for what the Lord has already spoken into your life. True empowerment comes from a higher source than I am even capable of supplying. True empowerment comes from the Christ of the cross. Seek His empowerment.

No comments:

Post a Comment